The original host of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, Tom Bergeron is fired from the series. On Monday, Tom Bergeron revealed on Twitter that he will not be continuing with the veteran reality competition series for its 29th season. Co-host Erin Andrews is quitting along with Tom Bergeron from Dancing With the Stars. Also Read – Tom Cruise comeback in ‘Top Gun 2: Maverick’
“Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me. It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?” Bergeron posted to his verified account.
Producers BBC Studios and ABC confirmed in a statement that Tom Bergeron is fired from Dancing With the Stars.
“Tom Bergeron will forever be part of the Dancing With the Stars family. As we embark on a new creative direction, he departs the show with our sincerest thanks and gratitude for his trademark wit and charm that helped make this show a success. Erin will also not be returning, and we appreciate all that she brought to the ballroom. Fans have been rooting for her since she originally competed as a contestant back in 2010, and her signature sense of humor has become a hallmark of the show.”
Tom Bergeron was critical of ABC’s party affiliations
Last year, when the show hosted White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, Bergeron was critical of the decision. He said, “A few months ago, during a lunch with DWTS’ new executive producer [Andrew Llinares], I offered suggestions for season 28,” Bergeron wrote. “Chief among them was my hope that DWTS, in its return following an unprecedented year-long hiatus, would be a joyful respite from our exhausting political climate and free of inevitably divisive bookings from ANY party affiliations. I left that lunch convinced we were in agreement. Subsequently (and rather obviously), a decision was made to, as we often say in Hollywood, ‘go in a different direction.'”